Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    What's this design called, please?


    What is that affect called, please, whereby you view two or more images on a Web page and, when one image, let's say imageA, is clicked, it takes centre-stage on the user's screen. It is larger than the clicked image and the frame that contains it has an X in the corner. Clicking on the X returns the user to the original state of play. Clicking on imageB means that that image takes centre-stage and is also magnified and the frame that contains it, too has its X in the corner.

    At the moment, I have two horizontally aligned movies and if I click on the left one, it takes centre-stage and is magnified but, unfortunately, it does not 'pop out' as in the examples I have given above and there is no X in the corner so the user has to click the Back button to return to the original page. By introducing the design I have mentioned above, hopefully I can get around that.


  2. #2
    Senior Coder benanamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Thanked 161 Times in 156 Posts
    To save time, lets just assume I am almost never wrong.

    The XY Problem
    The XY problem is asking about your attempted solution (X) rather than your actual problem (Y). This leads to enormous amounts of wasted time and energy, both on the part of people asking for help, and on the part of those providing help.

    Make A Donation https://www.paypal.me/KevinRubio


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts