PDA

View Full Version : Sketch idea: communicating active links & images for a multiple gallery page

teamturbo
Aug 14th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I've finally got some books on Java-scripting - I'm trying to find a general solution to the nagging problem of multiple pages in HTML w/ the help of iframes and/or divs. It's a pie-in-the-sky for me to work from one page where I can control and edit the layout.... I like iframes, but maybe I'm missing something in this idea?

http://www.madrap.net/media/websketch.png

1) I'm thinking a javascript which asks the iframe "what page are you?" It then pulls the corresponding active image or text link and plugs into the nav area, making sure that only 1 _active.gif is showing up.
2) Similarly, for a thumbnail gallery, another function asks "what image is loaded in the gallery?" It then retrieves the corresponding 'active' thumbnail for that image and replaces it in the thumbnail gallery.
3) Text is associated with each image and gets loaded. An array or CSS?

Any code help would be appreciated. I'm just getting started, so I can read code but I have difficulty implementing ideas from scratch. Also, any suggestions on how to make this work a different way (maybe simpler?) would be much appreciated. Thanks.