Apr 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Hi

It's my company's website and i didn't design it
I have knowledge of ASP.Net but still I didn't designed a good website
which tool or software is best to use for the designing purpose
of a website in ASP.Net

CurtWRC
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:55 AM
I have always used 'Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition'. You can download it free from the Microsoft website. But I'm sure there are better software packages for designing in ASP.NET.

NuneatonSam
Apr 4th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Well since ASP.NET websites has two code parts, the ASP.NET part and the html part, you can design ASP.NET pages as you would any other page if you have a good enough knowledge of HTML and CSS. If you don't know how to code HTML or CSS that well, then you could just use something like Dreamweaver. For images you could use a programs such as Photoshop or Fireworks. Photoshop is easier to learn though so I suggest you go with that.

VIPStephan
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Before the coding comes the design. At first you should grab a pencil and paper and make a concept of the layout and collect some ideas. Then you can start drawing your ideas with any graphic editor. The most popular among web designers is probably Adobe Photoshop but there are a lot more like Macromedia Fireworks, CorelDraw and whatever... And if you have your design it's about to transform this into HTML (for the markup - CSS for style) and ASP.NET respectively.

Mitsuki
Apr 9th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I use Dreamweaver and ASP.NET Web Matrix :o

Exnor
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I agree with VIPStephan... the first thing you should do is to design your site on paper. Then do some image work in Photoshop/Fireworks, and then start working on your HTML/CSS design (I use VS 2005, but some prefer Dreamweaver)....then you can start using your ASP.NET skills in data mining, interacting and etc.

If you furthermore like to enhance your designs, try looking at the Atlas framework (just search "Atlas asp.net" on Google). Atlas contains better script implementation, but thats about as much as I know about it at the moment.