PDA

View Full Version : screen refresh/redraw issues in ie

emehrkay
Mar 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
i have a simple lil script that shows and hides div's when the header is clicked on. they are in an ordered list like
<ul>
<li>header<div></div</li>
ect

and if i show the very last one, its content will overwrite the footer until either i hide the div or i resize the browser window. in both cases it fixes the problem.

is there a way for me to refresh the content on the screen, like the browser resize does, so that the bottom div wont overwrite my footer?

thanks

emehrkay
Mar 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM
i just noticed that its just the text in the footer, the images move along with the page. this may be a css issue, but im not too sure

_Aerospace_Eng_
Mar 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Wondering why you haven't gotten a response? We really can't help if we don't have code or a link to look at.

emehrkay
Mar 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
i just thought that it may had been a general issue with ie that i was unaware of. I found a post about this on another board that basically said that you need to change the display style, so im editing my code to do so ( http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum91/453.htm) i have the same errors in ie with the footer

function toggle(){

var ele = document.getElementById('policy_list').getElementsByTagName('h3');

for(var e = 0; e < ele.length; e++){

ele[e].onclick = function(){

var id = this.id;
var subdiv = this.id+'_content';
var status = document.getElementById(subdiv);

if(status.style.display == 'none'){
status.style.display = 'block';
hide(subdiv); //function that hides any other div in the list that is set to block
update_status(id+'_content', 'show');
}else if(status.style.display == 'block'){
status.style.display = 'none';
update_status(id+'_content', 'hide');
}
}
}
}

here is my list set up

<li><h3 id="consent"><span id="consent_content_status" style="text-align:center">+</span>Consent Forms</h3>
<div id="consent_content" style="display:none"></div>

emehrkay
Apr 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
up, i still havent figured this one out. i can post more of the code used if necessary

emehrkay
Apr 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
ehhh i just took the footer content out and put it back

function update_footer(){
var footer = document.getElementById('footer');
var footer_content = footer.innerHTML;
footer.innerHTML = "";
footer.innerHTML = footer_content;
}