PDA

View Full Version : DHTML kitchen scripts

FJbrian
Jul 18th, 2005, 05:36 AM
In another thread I was kindly turned onto some drag and drop scripts at "dhtml kitchen"
When you download them they have a "store" file.
When you run them a javascript alert pops up "demo".
There are links on the site to buy the script but they don't work and no one replies to emails so...I'm guessing the site's abandonned?
I looked for "alert" and "demo" in the code and can't find it. It's annoying and I want it outta there. Can you either tell me how to do it or can someone PM me how to get ahold of the DHTML Kitchen owner?

jbot
Jul 18th, 2005, 09:49 AM
There are links on the site to buy the script but they don't work and no one replies to emails so...I'm guessing the site's abandonned?

do you not think he might just be on holiday or something. it's some guys portfolio site, not a professional operation, moreover, I'm sure he's maybe rather busy with his own projects. so, if he doesn't run round after you maybe there's a reason for it, after all he doesn't owe you anything.

btw: I'm sure he's a frequenter of the forum. have you checked out his profile on here. you could always PM him.

jscheuer1
Jul 18th, 2005, 10:07 AM
What script? What thread? The links that come to the top in Google for DHTML kitchen are currently 'page not found', maybe it is temporary.

FJbrian
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:46 PM
do you not think he might just be on holiday or something. it's some guys portfolio site, not a professional operation, moreover, I'm sure he's maybe rather busy with his own projects. so, if he doesn't run round after you maybe there's a reason for it, after all he doesn't owe you anything.

btw: I'm sure he's a frequenter of the forum. have you checked out his profile on here. you could always PM him.

I don't appreciate the attitude
If you don't find it odd that I have to post on a popular board to try and purchase his product then that's fine, that's your prerogative, but I did nothing to deserve such a brash response.

FJbrian
Jul 24th, 2005, 10:50 PM
What script? What thread? The links that come to the top in Google for DHTML kitchen are currently 'page not found', maybe it is temporary.
thanks for the reply
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=60255

jscheuer1
Jul 25th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Well:

http://dhtmlkitchen.com/

apparently is back online now. Also, I'm not sure what exact drag and drop type of utility you are most interested in but, Walter Zorn's JavaScript: DHTML API, Drag & Drop for Images and Layers (http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm) is extensive and highly customizable. Check out all the options it has to offer, you might prefer it and, I believe it is free.

FJbrian
Jul 25th, 2005, 06:48 PM
thanks

DHTML Kitchen
Nov 25th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Hey man. Yeah, I had a lot of problems with my last host. They set up a lot of filters for email so my javamail script stopped sending me emails. people couldn't buy scripts or email me for whatever. Then my host wouldn't fix the problem, after about a week of angry phone calls to them, I gave up. I'm using daily razor now and it's much better.

So sorry for not replying. I usually reply to email, but if I don't get the email in the first place, well, then it makes it pretty much impossible to reply.

Anyway, glad you liked my scripts. The alert box is friggin annoying, I know. SOrry.

I do check these forums when I have time. Usually, I'm busy pursuing my other projects and not online. I actually don't spend a whole lot of time online anymore. I program a lot and read a lot, but I just do it offline.

I know my cart is not well integrated, but it does work. Well, I don't make a whole lot of money from sales, just a little, so I just have a free shopping cart.