PDA

View Full Version : I cannot find a scroller

quentin
May 5th, 2005, 08:01 AM
I am looking for a DIV with scroller

it must look like a DIV with overflow:auto for IE and css scrollbars (only small images arrows) and being able to scrollhorizontaly or vertically

a shame that there is no way to do that with -moz filters

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title> scroller </title>
<style type="text/css">
.box
{
width:200px;
height:60px;
padding:10px;
margin:auto;
overflow:auto;
border:1px solid #000000;

scrollbar-face-color:rgb(255,255,255);
scrollbar-highlight-color:rgb(255,255,255);
scrollbar-shadow-color:rgb(255,255,255);
scrollbar-3dlight-color:rgb(255,255,255);
scrollbar-arrow-color:rgb(0,0,0);
scrollbar-track-color:rgb(255,255,255);
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:rgb(255,255,255);
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<form id="MainForm" method="post" action="">
<div class="box">
sfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda
dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa
gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda
dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfagsfda dsfdsa gfag
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>

thank you

Kor
May 5th, 2005, 11:03 AM
You may build a javascript similar, cross browser, scroller, but I wonder if it worths the effort... :rolleyes:

quentin
May 5th, 2005, 01:15 PM
yes i know that i must , but i cannot :-) i am not able to

and the effort is only for Mozilla /opera
for IE there is no needs only for vertical scrolling

for horizontal scrolling you need a javascript as far as overfolw-x and overflow-y don't exist

i am shure something somewhere like that ... exists

............................!!!

Kor i shurelly will support romania in EU as far as my granpa was a tzigane :-)

Kor
May 5th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Kor i shurelly will support romania in EU as far as my granpa was a tzigane :-)

Thanks for your support, but the majority of Romanians are not tziganes. The major population here are descendents of the old Latins, Dacians, Slavian people that lived here. Our language is a Latin one. There is a tziganes' minority in our country. They are looked with great conjecture by the most of our countrymen, even the tziganes certainly do not deserve that. I am not one of them, as I myself have a lot of tziganes friends. The poverty and the after-effects of the former Communist regime made Romania a quite poor country, and the tziganes (at least most of them) even poorer. They used to invade the European countries, but most of the the time only for begging or simply for stealing. They are our countrymen and it is sad that we all seems like we are not able enough to help them here, in our country.

With all the understanding, Romanian means Romanian, not Rroma. We are different. We have different customs, different religion sometime, absolutely different language.... We look different. Yes, we are the citizens of the same country, which bring us, the majority, to a responability over our minorities, yes... We try to help them, but I guess that we need some time...

A Franchman is not a Dutchman, a German is not a Swedish...

;) By the way, one of my grandfathers was Swedish.

Ok, regarding your problem... I might help you, as I have done here and there things like that. Just please, remaind me in a Privat Message to do that, possible tomorrow, ok?

quentin
May 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM
I have send a PM to you ....I cannot find any simple manual scroller they are all with effects or automatics nothing
just with his 2 options : horizontal, or Vertical
and of course without the contents of DIVS compacted in javascript ...

Kor
May 6th, 2005, 09:51 AM
For the moment here's a good site from where you might find something useful for your attempt
http://www.dyn-web.com/dhtml/scroll/

quentin
May 6th, 2005, 05:18 PM
thank you