PDA

View Full Version : Javascript DoubleCombo Boxes, multiple doubles per page

nrone99
Feb 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I have successfully used a javascript combobox to display one set of data. However, I have many different sets of data, each with their own combobox. Currently, in order to display them all in their respective combos, I must use 4 seperate pages, which in my mind is unneccessary.

I have tried to incorporate two of the double comboboxes into one page, unsuccessfully. After much searching, I have not seen any script or post showing how to make 2 or more doubles on one individual page.

Has anyone had any luck with this? Surely, I am not the first person to try this.

Thanks for your help.

codegoboom
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Surely, I am not the first person to try this.

Surely you can confirm this by searching the forum... ;)

nrone99
Feb 10th, 2005, 06:55 PM
True, there are several forums concerning the doublecombo.

However, they all indicate that one doublecombo box is used per page. A menu with a set of data, and also a second menu with data related to the item chosen on the first menu.

I wish to create a second, unrelated, doublecombo box, with its own menu and second menu, on the same page as the first doublecombo. When created, even though the two different combos have different names, they still somehow have an adverse effect on the other combo box. :confused:

If anyone has seen code for such a thing, I am very interested in looking at it.

codegoboom
Feb 10th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Assuming the details of this double combo thingy are known to all kiddies far and wide, or whatever... it's probably a matter of abstraction; but anyway, learning how it works would be a good first step, methinks. :)

nrone99
Feb 10th, 2005, 08:58 PM
codegoboom, your sarcasism is dually noted. ;)

nrone99
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:08 PM
solution found. no worries all.