PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a script I was provided here.

HELLSS
Jun 20th, 2002, 10:04 AM
http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289

A few days ago I asked for help, please read that thread (only 2 posts in it)

I was suplied the script there, but I don't know how to apply it to a page and make it work like I want, i'm a novice to javascripting :/ Any help in applying that script would be appreciated.

ronaldb66
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Without any explanation from x_goose_x it's still a guess, but as far as i can tell (i'm not that good at javascript either) he supplied a script for decoding the query-string (the part after "&") from the URL the page was loaded with.
I fail to see what happens with the info, though (looks like it's assigned to a couple of form fields; why?), and the rest of the document is left blank, but that's for you to fill in, of course! :D

Creating a URL with query string can be accomplished without javascript using a form for entering userid and password, and submitting the form using method=get and action=theurlforthenextpage. After this "logon", the query string should be attached to all URL's following the initial page.

A couple of remarks:

This is a seriously unsecure way of passing logon information, because it's visible in the URL!
I yet fail to see how you:

validate the userid and password;
record which userid and password are valid.