View Full Version : How do you do a strikethrough tag?

03-03-2004, 05:49 AM
how do you do a cross-out or strikethrough in HTML? like so that the text has a line through it?

03-03-2004, 05:55 AM
Using CSS you could do it like:

p.lined {

And use it like:

<p class="lined">This text has a line through it.</p>
<p>This doesn't</p>

03-03-2004, 03:57 PM
the <s> tag will do it actually. It's an inline tag so use it in the same way was <b> or <i>

EDIT: It's been depreciated as of the latest browser specs, so i would do something similar to the posta above, except using an inline tag instead of <p> :

<style type="text/css">
.strike {
text-decoration: line-through;

<p><span class="strike">Striken out</span> normal text.</p>