PDA

View Full Version : stupid question but im really stuck, how do i add a page?

kylenathrender
03-11-2015, 10:19 PM
hey guys, im currently designing and coding a website for my best friend, unfortunately im really stuck on one thing, how do i add another webpage?
as you can see Imgur (http://imgur.com/5BE3KVC) (click the link to see) there is alot of web pages i need to design can anyone explain to me on how i add another webpage such as something like www.worldwidemodz.net/about, www.worldwidemodz.net/contact etc etc. thanks.

Old Pedant
03-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Without modifying the web.config file (on windows; .htaccess on linux), you would need to simply create more files and name each one ending in ".html".

So: about.html, contact.html

And then you link to them from the main page. Example:

<a href="contact.html">Contact us</a>

But the rules for doing this on your "imgur" account may be completely different, and you should contact them.

kylenathrender
03-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Without modifying the web.config file (on windows; .htaccess on linux), you would need to simply create more files and name each one ending in ".html".

So: about.html, contact.html

And then you link to them from the main page. Example:

<a href="contact.html">Contact us</a>

But the rules for doing this on your "imgur" account may be completely different, and you should contact them.
so do i just make files like contact.html, about.html ? i tried that earlier in my public html, and it brought up something like "index of" and then all my files in my file manager, im currently using the lates version of cPanel