PDA

View Full Version : LDAP Provider and Page Expiration

tr0n2ooo
07-31-2002, 09:12 PM
How do I access the LDAP provider from within my ASP. I know how to do it on the client-side, getObject("LDAP:// blah blah") but that doesn't work inside the ASP parser.

Also, I am trying to make my app so that if the user clicks the back button, it will come up with a "page expired....etc."

Any help with either of these would be great! Thanks.

Morgoth
08-01-2002, 08:59 PM
A page can only expire if you have sent information to it, then you go back and the information has changed.
Example would be: I sent a submition for a poll. It takes me to a new page with the results. If I hit the back button the page will be expired.

I am not sure what an LDAP Provider is. Would ou be able to fill me in?

Look through here and tell me if this helps.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ASP+LDAP+provider+&meta=

tr0n2ooo
08-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks a lot for the link! The Lightweight Directory Access Provider (its either Provider or Protocol) is what interfaces with the Active Directory in Win2K. Its fairly easy to access it using a client-side <script></script> but I didn't know how to do it with a server-side script.

As far as the page expiration, I am submitting info from page to page, and I think I could figure out how to do it using a session variable and the global.asa file, but I was wondering if there was an easier way.

Again, thanks for the link, I should have thought of google myself *smacks forehead*