PDA

View Full Version : Passing product name to a form item

kokoloko
Dec 15th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Hi all,

I am trying for some days now to figure out how i could send a products name from its page to a form and have it writen in a text field. I manage to do it but because the name has to be in greek the text was messed up. I would prefer it if it was possible that insteed of having the visitor move to the form every time they click the button that controled the action, to just add it on a cookie maybe and when he goes to the form, to have all the names in seperate rows in a text field.

I have no idea how and if this is possible since i m not a programmer. It would be easier with a shoping cart (i dot how to do thie either) but the site is only html and i only need an interest form with just the products names.

My thought was click->add value to cookie->click->....->click form button->cookies stored values writen in text field.

Thank you for any replies,
Christos

Kor
Dec 16th, 2003, 08:14 AM
You may store, temporary (as long as the connection is on) some values, without using CGI or cookies, by using frames or better iframes. The ideea is to have a parent page unmovable and the rest of the pages set in iframes. Thus you may store data on this parent frame (you may even make it "invisible" and use it only for storing that data).

Here's an attachment ilustrate this way. It is not exactly what you want, but it shows you how to store and use data without using CGI and cookies....

kokoloko
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks a lot for the reply. I m trying it now. A few questions.

First. Because i have to frames i ll try to put it hidden in the left frame i have wich is static for the site(almost but generaly yes). I guess this will have no probs with it. And seccond if it has any known compatibility issues with browsers and such.

Thanks again

Christos

P.S. Also ill try to have it add product names insteed of prices, will this be a problem.

Kor
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:08 PM
And seccond if it has any known compatibility issues with browsers and such.

If frames, all the browsers. If iframes, IE5+NS6+ and compatible

Also ill try to have it add product names insteed of prices, will this be a problem.

no problem at all... It's a matter of variables, that's all