PDA

View Full Version : Grapics

Squintz
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:25 PM
What is everyone using for their web graphics...Especially 2D and 3D Fonts....

What are some good Sites to get premade graphics... Im looking for Professional looking images for a Business web site....Nothing in piticular....Just something to spice it up a little..

boxer_1
Jul 28th, 2002, 05:39 PM
As far as graphics software, Adobe Photoshop is the way to go / top of the line. A little pricey, but well worth it in the long run. I also use Fireworks (my Adobe is on my desktop and unaccesable because the pc has 'issues'), which is capable of some pretty nice work as well ;).

x_goose_x
Jul 28th, 2002, 07:24 PM
On the subject, whats the diff between regular photshop and limited edition? I got a copy of limited with my digital camera, but I'm still using my original version. Just wondering whats the diff.

oracleguy
Jul 28th, 2002, 08:00 PM
I use a combination of Fireworks 4 and Photoshop 7. Usually if one can't do something, the other can.

I believe limited edition doesn't have as many filters and built-in effects.

Cam
Jul 29th, 2002, 06:36 PM
I use the windows port of GIMP (free). Still learning it, but it seems to do everything I want. It doesn't do multi-line text, which is the only drawback I've found so far. Many effects are macro'd which is kind of handy. Pretty good range of filters too...

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

WRT websites, I haven't found any sites that offer consistent free graphics (don't know if free is an issue for you). I like the freedom to design what I want, so I generally do it myself.

Cheers

Cam