View Full Version : Resolved Having a dynamically sized embed page + Variables in Weblinks

06-18-2012, 10:47 PM
<Start outdated data>
I trying to get a webpage that I can embed that will change the size accordingly.

This is what I'm trying to achieve.
I have a page with a list, however, I want these links to be just themselves if the person who is on my page doesn't want to reload the whole page again when they press the back button after visiting a link. The simple solution would be copying the code of the links and just make a webpage itself, but the problem now is, when I want to put a new link, I have to update both pages. So what I want to do is have my links on a page by themselves and just have that be loaded into the main, but it also has to dynamically size itself considering if I'm adding links, the size of the list will increase.
<End outdated data> Reason= Working with fixed size.

I am also wanting to know how to implement variables in a webpage which are changed via address.
Since I have now made a link that will open the list in a new popup (I am just going with fixed sized embed pages for the time being for the main.) and clicking links works fine in the window, since the links open text files. However, without controls, the user won't know how to go back. The easy way is to just allow controls again, but what if the user had a bulky browser? So the thought of a third page will be loaded instead, this one where if I do, lets say "mywebsite.com/textviewer.html?thetextdocument.txt", it will open the page and then the embed page showing the text document.

Edit to Variables, I have fetched a variable, now all I need to do is use that veriable to a normal code for embed webpages, but I switched the file format to php to cope with this. The html code works fine-ish , but I can't seem to pull the variable. The code goes as follows.

<object data="$id" width="600" height="400"> <embed src="$id" width="600" height="400"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>

the "$id" are attempts to fetch the variable. The outputs is the embed webpage attempting to open [Parrent Directory]/$id.

06-19-2012, 04:25 AM

06-19-2012, 05:12 AM
You should check into php, asp, or content management systems for a solution to this problem. I think.

06-19-2012, 05:13 AM
You should check into php, asp, or content management systems for a solution to this problem. I think.

If its complex, I can just deal with a fixed size.