PDA

View Full Version : Emailing from user provided address

treboR1
May 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'm trying to make a similar form to what Craigslist uses where you can mail to a user provided email and make it look like it came from whatever email address the user provides. I've looked at the code from the Craigslist page and can't seem to find the correct program they are using.

I've been out of the game for a while and saying my coding is rusty is an understatement. Any help would be appreciated.

Philip M
May 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to make a similar form to what Craigslist uses where you can mail to a user provided email and make it look like it came from whatever email address the user provides. I've looked at the code from the Craigslist page and can't seem to find the correct program they are using.

I've been out of the game for a while and saying my coding is rusty is an understatement. Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds iffy to me! Why do you want to do that? In any case you will need server-side coding if the mail is to be reliable.

It is your responsibility to die() if necessary….. - PHP Manual

treboR1
May 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
It's for the same basic purpose as Craigslist uses it. I want users to see the email coming from the emaill addresse of their friend that is sending it to them. I'll look into the serverside code. Thank you.