PDA

View Full Version : Client-Side DataSet

christrinder
Sep 8th, 2003, 03:51 PM
This may be a bit of a strange question, I'm not sure... but in my past work, if a user was building-up a table of information one row at a time (i.e. like a spreadsheet of names and addresses), I used to send the information to the database on each occasion and then rewrite the table information. I am assuming now that this is somewhat unneccessary, but am not sure how best to store the information on the screen before eventually sending the information to the database. Does anybody have any ideas or comments to help point me in the right direction? Many thanks, Chris

Vladdy
Sep 8th, 2003, 04:09 PM
If you can rely on JS then you dynamically add rows of inputs and on submition either compact information to a single delimited string a send it to the server or send every control to the server and sort things out there...

christrinder
Sep 8th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your reply. Another question then, how do you control the repeat? I can understand looping through a predefined number of rows and writing to the document a line of inputs etc, but how would you dynamically add another row as and when it is needed? Thanks, Chris