PDA

View Full Version : How To Add Bookmark Code?

bundakuwan
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:14 PM
hello guys,

i just here again to ask for a few help..

i wanted to add a bookmark link on my websites

whenever visitor click the link and it will be automatically add my site into their browser without pressing Ctrl+D

any helps is greatly appreciated

ckeyrouz
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:40 PM
try this:

<span onclick="window.external.AddFavorite(location.href,document.title);" style="cursor:hand;text-decoration:underline;"> Click here to add this page to your favorites</span>

Note that it should be done with javascript not with html/css.

felgall
Feb 24th, 2012, 09:47 PM
That will only work in Internet Explorer.

You can't do it in all browsers - I have a script at http://www.felgall.com/jstip77.htm that can add the link for IE, Firefox and Opera and which can display text instructions for the other browsers that don't allow script access.

bundakuwan
Feb 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
try this:

<span onclick="window.external.AddFavorite(location.href,document.title);" style="cursor:hand;text-decoration:underline;"> Click here to add this page to your favorites</span>

Note that it should be done with javascript not with html/css.
i did try this but it won't work on firefox browser. i am looking for code that can be apply using Chromes and firefox. :)

That will only work in Internet Explorer.

You can't do it in all browsers - I have a script at http://www.felgall.com/jstip77.htm that can add the link for IE, Firefox and Opera and which can display text instructions for the other browsers that don't allow script access.
i just tried the coding using local..

just browse the html file using firefox browser..but just wondering..it don't pop up any bookmark options that my browser has..

thank you for your time guys..

looking forward for your response :)

felgall
Feb 25th, 2012, 07:37 AM
i am looking for code that can be apply using Chromes and firefox.

You need the code loaded to the server for it to work in Firefox - its also a while since I wrote that so the browser may have disabled that option since then. There isn't an option that will work for Chrome - other than your visitor holding down the CTRL key and pressing the D key - which works in all browsers without needing any code added to the page.

Danielwatson
Feb 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Don't know if you found it yet?
Menu>Insert>Form>Advanced Button
Also icons on menu bar with ABC on it.

bundakuwan
Feb 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I've Already found an answer for this..

thank you guys,