PDA

View Full Version : RSS and iFrames

JohnSlider
Feb 24th, 2012, 02:16 AM
I have an idea to create a newsboard for my site, but I need help figuring out just how to do it. The idea is to have two iframes sitting next to each other. The one on the left will contain a list of popular websites relevant to my site. When the user clicks on one of the names, I want the left iframe to show that site's RSS feed, then when they click on a headline link, I want the story to appear in the right iframe.

Is this possible? I've been trying to look up different codes for this type of thing and while I have found similar tutorials, I have failed to find something that does exactly what I outlined here.

Any help whatsoever, even if it's just a link to somewhere else, would be very much appreciated.

JohnSlider
Feb 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Is there more information you guys need in order to help me or is this request just something that is too complicated? :(

JohnSlider
Feb 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Alright, I have my iframes setup, and the different feeds are showing up in iframe1, but when I click on a headline it opens a new window. I want each of the links to target iframe2 and only show the full news story in plain text (not the actual website). Can someone here help me with that much?