PDA

View Full Version : Massive spam caused by javascript form.

Elbee
Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hello,

We have a "Rate This Page" at the bottom of all of our website pages
[URL]http://jpl.coj.net[URL]

The form was created with javascript and has an associated asp file. Can Captcha even be put into a form created strictly with javascript? It's gotten out-of-control....we're getting approximately 1 spam every minute.

I've attached Word docs with the code associated with the form. In every page is the following code:
[CODE] <a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="sendFeedback(window.location);return false;">Rate This Page</a> [ICODE]

Thank you for any help you can give me, Elbee

c1lonewolf
Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Can Captcha even be put into a form created strictly with javascript?
Not sure but for this reason, and to just play around, I built a graphical jsCaptcha style element for forms. However I can't send it to you until later. It's on another sytem. If you'd like a copy just say so...;)

Elbee
Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
I would appreciate it very much...thank you. Elbee

Philip M
Feb 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM
You can implement a simple but quite effective captcha with a basic question to which the correct answer must be given:-

What is 7 + 4?
Is the sky blue or green?

You can change the question every day, and obfuscate the answers so that a computer cannot read them.

You need to be aware that all captchas are vulnerable to real people in Bangladesh who are paid $0.01 each to submit the spam.

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.