PDA

View Full Version : Tumblr Post Sizes. Toughest Thing to Figure Out So Far For Me

kirillywhat
Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:23 AM
Hi there.
I have been trying to resize my posts for Tumblr all night. I will include the code at the end, but ill mention some things first. My theme includes for an option for the post size to be small. All I have to do is check the box in the customize section and they all turn to little thumbnails, probly 250px wide. I know the Tumblr size limits. 500, 400, 250, so forth. I've tried going through my code and making them all 400 (500 by default), but no change occured. When I change the VideoURL to 400 that worked, but not the photos. But even with the video, the actual video got small, not the entire post. I'd like to make the whole post, the text, whatever media is in it, image or photo, and the box around it small. I am currently working with a double column theme and would like to resize em to fix three. heres the link to my tumblr, http://dipndub.tumblr.com/, and heres my code.

also, i contacted the theme builder, Kent & Claire when I had a question about making my sidebar permanent and they gave me the #aside code that appears right in the beginning of the CSS overwrites section. I added the #main bit afterwards to move the posts slightly to the right, because they were being blocked by the sidebar. I have tried adding code into that bit to see if I could resize it, and have gotten zero postive results.

If you can help, greatly appreciated.
-Kirill

*would not let me code because it exceeds the amount of characters for the post. should i split it into parts?

kirillywhat
Feb 22nd, 2012, 02:34 AM
included code as a .txt file in attachments

kirillywhat
Feb 22nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
still trying to figure it out. got a bit left in me before bed. if anyone has a clue

kirillywhat
Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
fresh day, fresh minds...