PDA

View Full Version : I have Try the Chat Stuff and Still Can't Get a Chat Room On my Site

Tom
Jul 21st, 2002, 08:11 AM
:confused: I Have read everything in the (chat/message board) Thread and All the Chat Thingys Did Not Work Can!. Can Someone Help!!!!!!!.

oracleguy
Jul 21st, 2002, 09:30 AM
You should post in your original thread.

What exactly didn't work with them? What errors did you get?

Tom
Jul 24th, 2002, 05:35 AM
:confused: the chat part i want a chat the has things like hammers like in msn chat but that not that problem
i have the list's thingy for liquid but but the chat wont work
can any one help

Mhtml
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:44 AM
I'm trying my best to understand what you are talking about here.
Aren't the chat rooms on Msn java applets?

What language are you using? (exmaple: ASP/PHP )
or do you want an applet? << I wouldn't consider it

Tom
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:23 AM
o umm do u have a code or something to help me start a chat thing becos all the chats i have try to get has ended up not working!!.

Tom
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:47 AM
o umm do u have a code or something to help me start a chat thing becos all the chats i have try to get has ended up not working!!.

Mhtml
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:47 AM
I don't have one but I could get you one, BUT I need to know if your server supports serverside of any sought.

who are you hosted with?

Tom
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:40 AM
if u mean the site i use to make my site is geocites!

Mhtml
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:43 AM
hmm.... Geocitites does not support the post method so having a chat there would require either a remotely hosted room or having an java applet which I strongly recommend you don't.

So I suggest that you find a host with .asp or .php support which doesn't mind if you have a chat room.

I'll have a look for you.

Tom
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:48 AM
http://Extremesysop.vze.com
but u wont beable to see anything becos i have closed it for now to update it. i know someone who has a chat room on his site but i try to get it but he has no right click thingy on

Tom
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:05 AM
wats bad about a applet chat

Mhtml
Jul 27th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Well, java itself is a good language but when it is used as an applet on a webpage it causes all soughts of problems from time to time, mainly freezing the browser or the whole operating system.

boxer_1
Jul 27th, 2002, 07:35 PM
IMO chat applets might be a vialble option. I know Yahoo games used to use (maybe still do, haven't been there for a while) Applets for their game rooms and they were quite reliable with only occasional crashes.

If you'd like to explore the option of using Java for chat, here's a few you might want to take a look at:

http://freewarejava.com/applets/chat.shtml

Edit: For example, one from the link I posted that seems pretty nice (I personally have never used it, but it's worth a look: http://www.weirdoz.org/visualchat/

Of course PHP, for example, offers some very nice chat scripts. However, you must have PHP/MySQL support and know how to configure the scripts to work properly ;).

Tom
Aug 1st, 2002, 05:06 AM
thanx i found one i want :) and that works on my site lol