PDA

View Full Version : Javascript encoder and obfuscator

kepler
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hi,

Can please someone advice me a good Javascript encoder and obfuscator? If it's freeware, the better.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Kepler

Philip M
Mar 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Google is your friend!

But obfuscated code can always be reverse-engineered and is not really secure. Remember that you can't hide it from a determined user. If it's that sensitive you'll have to find a better technique. At the end of the day anything that is rendered by a browser is accessible to the user.

And of course obfuscated code is harder to maintain. Encrypted code could only be deciphered by a user who had a decryption program on his machine and knew the password.

Why do you want to do this anyway? Do you feel that you code is so special and sophisticated that people will be lining up to steal it? :)

All advice is supplied packaged by intellectual weight, and not by volume. Contents may settle slightly in transit.

rnd me
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
the best defense against theft is to write code so crappy, nobody would want to rip it off.

Philip M
Mar 16th, 2011, 07:56 PM
the best defense against theft is to write code so crappy, nobody would want to rip it off.

Yes, that works for me! :D:D

kepler
Mar 16th, 2011, 08:31 PM

I agree... :)

Kepler