PDA

View Full Version : Stop Div tags with text/image from moving in cross browser

quibbles
Jan 13th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi
I am trying to stop 4 div tags containing text in 3 and 1 image from moving in cross browsers, here is code for each what i have so far, they are all contained within the middle section of the header.

http://www.home-of-poker.com/123.png
}
No-1 now fixed with
.sitelogo {
width:60px;
height:50px;
float:left;
z-index:4;
margin:10px 0 0 -30px;
background:url(../img/bg_head_top_logo.png);
left: 298px;
top: 144px;
}

No-2
}
.download {
width:100px;
height:100px;
position:absolute;
z-index:5;
margin:20px 0 0 90px;
overflow:visible !important /*Firefox*/;
overflow:hidden /*IE6*/;
left: 1086px;
top: 194px;

No-3 now fixed with
.sitemessage {
width:407px;
height:120px; float:left;
z-index:1;
margin:10px 0 0 3px;
color:rgb(234,239,247); /*overflow:visible !important /*Activate if Firefox print problems*/
left: -98px;
top: 170px;
}
No-4
}
.sitename {
width:265px;
height:45px;
z-index:6;
margin:20px 0 0 90px;
overflow:visible !important /*Firefox*/;
left: 781px;
top: 194px;
}
No-5
.nav1 {
width:262px;
z-index:3;
margin:45px 0 0 550px;
top: 136px;
left: 261px;
}

Any help appreciated thank you.:thumbsup:

NoeG
Jan 13th, 2011, 12:23 AM
your problem is because your using absolute position do you have a link to your page? it might be better to use floats

quibbles
Jan 13th, 2011, 12:31 AM
your problem is because your using absolute position do you have a link to your page? it might be better to use floats

No the page is not live at present, so all 4 divs are on the same line so float left,float right and float center for the other 2 and then add margins?.

Excavator
Jan 13th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Hello quibbles,
No such thing as float center.
Do you have some HTML markup to go with your CSS that you've posted?

When posting code in the forum, please use the code tags, [code][/code] - available with the # button in the post edit window.
This will wrap your code in a scroll box which greatly helps the readability of your post.

NoeG
Jan 13th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Hello quibbles,
No such thing as float center.
Do you have some HTML markup to go with your CSS that you've posted?

When posting code in the forum, please use the code tags,
- available with the # button in the post edit window.
This will wrap your code in a scroll box which greatly helps the readability of your post.

I'm trying to figure out what your trying to do here but its kinda hard without the html another reason I think you might be going wrong is because you didn't position anything relative to point your absolute position to

quibbles
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I'm trying to figure out what your trying to do here but its kinda hard without the html another reason I think you might be going wrong is because you didn't position anything relative to point your absolute position to

Added an image above to show you better, changed a couple of codes to float and they work ok just the other three are not working when i try to change them hope that helps.

quibbles
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:11 AM

I don't think providing the html will help as it is just the class like this :
<div class="sitemessage">
<h1>&bull; TEXAS &bull; HOLD'EM &bull; POKER &bull; SKILLS<br /></h1>
<h2>Learn to Play Texas Holdem<br /> Basic Poker Guides for beginners<br /> Intermediate and Advanced Player Poker Stratagyies.</h2>
<h3><a href="/pokerhandrankings.html">&rsaquo;&rsaquo;&nbsp;Start Here</a></h3>
</div>

quibbles
Jan 13th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Managed to fix them all but thank you.