PDA

View Full Version : contact form help

Rhombusone
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hi guys,

over at www.rhombusone.com/projecttiger/contact.html i have my form built but now i need to figure out how i get the form to forward the message onto my email address once the user clicks the submit button. Can anyone help me out here please?

Cheers
Mat:confused:

teedoff
Jan 4th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hi guys,

over at www.rhombusone.com/projecttiger/contact.html i have my form built but now i need to figure out how i get the form to forward the message onto my email address once the user clicks the submit button. Can anyone help me out here please?

Cheers
Mat:confused:

I think you set the <form action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain" method="post">

Rhombusone
Jan 4th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I think you set the <form action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain" method="post">

i tried this however it tries to open up the email client box to send the mail rather than just forwarding it

Excavator
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hello Rhombusone,
mailto: may not be the most reliable way to get a return from your form anyway. Lots of people use online email and have no mail client on their computer.

I think you need a php script to do this for you. Have a look at a couple thousand that google finds here (http://www.google.com/search?q=PHP+contact+form&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1). You'd need to sort through a few to find the best solution for your needs.

teedoff
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:03 PM
ahh sorry misread the post. I think you will have to use some server side scripting to do this. php, coldfusion or such.

I also think I read sometime ago about using a canned email program you can download, but I may be wrong on that too...lol

Chris Hick
Jan 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah, from my knowledge as the others said it.. Its only possible using PHP, coldfusion, etc. I have for a while looked for another solution but to no avail.

Here is some information. (http://www.html-form-guide.com/form-mail/form-mail-script.html)

billvasko
Jan 18th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I have a similar question, with similar code, found below. The code was part of a contact form in a free template. So what you are saying, there is no way to make this work?

<form method="post" name="contact" action="#"> <input name="post" value="Send" type="hidden" /> <label for="author">Name:</label> <input id="author" name="author" class="required input_field" type="text" />
<div class="cleaner_h10"></div>
<label for="email">Email:</label> <input id="email" name="email" class="validate-email required input_field" type="text" />

<label for="phone">Phone:</label> <input name="phone" id="phone" class="input_field" type="text" />
<label for="text">Message:</label> <textarea id="text" name="text" rows="0" cols="0" class="required"></textarea>
<input class="submit_btn" name="submit" id="submit" value=" Send " type="submit" /> <input class="submit_btn" name="reset" id="reset" value=" Reset " type="reset" /> </form>