PDA

View Full Version : Wierd margin in IE6-8

Jesper Møller
Nov 23rd, 2010, 02:19 AM
At http://www.dansk-kanin.dk/ im having a wierd margin problem i hope somebody can help me with

In the site head IE is making a margin under the logo that i cant get rid off.

The green box around the logo shud be 5px from the top and buttom .. IE 6 7 and 8 however puts 10px extra under it (all other browser i have tested it in dont have that margin .. Opera, Chrome, Safari and Firfox)

can annyboy help me getting IE to behave ??

SB65
Nov 23rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
Setting margin:0 for this element:

<p>www.dansk-kanin.dk</p>

seems to work.

Jesper Møller
Nov 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM

(Hate IE's funny bugs :mad: )

Excavator
Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hello Jesper Møller,
When I look at it I find the sitewide style you've put on your p tag is where the gap is coming from. You already use *{margin:0;padding:0;} and adding it again to <p>www.dansk-kanin.dk</p> can over-ride the 1.5em you set on it with this -
p {
line-height: 1.3em;
font-size: 1.1em;
margin-bottom: 1.5em;
}

But, I think the most semantic solution would be to put www.dansk-kanin.dk in heading tags since it's not really a paragraph.
<h1>Dansk Kaninforum</h1>
<h2>www.dansk-kanin.dk</h2>

Jesper Møller
Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for it :thumbsup:

putting the margin 0 to the p tag workd like a charm ... (Being on a mac its a little tricky to find/corect IE bugs ....

The layout style actualy is the official phpBB layout style, and the only thing i have done is the color/graphic part .... In the process of doing this i have found other bugs that i have been able to fix ... and i have send them a bug repport on those, and i will send this one to. ;)

i know there are several semantic issues with the offisial prosilver style ther cud/shud be fix, but for now im concentrating on makeing styles (Color/icons/image) based on the standart style. making a style from the buttom simply will take more time than i have.

Thanks very mutch for you inputs and help :thumbsup: