PDA

View Full Version : Text Inside Button

Decker
Sep 8th, 2010, 01:40 AM
----->WEBSITE<----- (http://ddeckerweb.net16.net/)

Hey, my website is up top, but I have been working at this for a while but can't seem to figure it out. How can I like, move my text, from inside of the button? I hope you understood that, like I wanna move it around. I want to lower it, a little so it is completely centered, on my buttons on my site it's kinda up top if you can see. It kinda bothers me a little lol. Thanks.

SB65
Sep 8th, 2010, 08:27 AM
On the a span, increase the padding-top and reduce the height to compensate.

Decker
Sep 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
There is no padding-top on the a span

SB65
Sep 8th, 2010, 09:15 PM
#menu a span {
background:url("images/menuSpan.gif") repeat scroll right bottom transparent;
display:block;
height:27px;
margin:0;
padding:4px 15px 0 10px;
}

teedoff
Sep 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
if you want the text centered in the "buttons" then specify a padding on the menu a span to something similiar to what SB65 said

padding:4px 15px 0 10px;

when specifying margins or paddings you can write in shorthand. The above is written in shorthand meaning you dont have to write:

padding-top:
padding-right:
padding-bottom:
padding-left:

one line will take care of that. and the order is always the same. The first "4px" means top padding, the second "15px" means right padding, the third "0" means bottom padding, and the last one means left padding. Margins are the same way.

So you have to play around with your paddings on the menu a span and see what looks right.

SB65
Sep 8th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Quite right - although I should point out that in my previous post I was not suggesting these settings - these are what they currently are. I was merely pointing out that there is a padding-top on the element in question, despite the OP's earlier comment.:rolleyes:

teedoff
Sep 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
lol yes i knew that. I wanted to reiterate what you said in my own way that there WAS a top padding as you suggested..lol

Decker
Sep 8th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Fixed, thank you SB65.