PDA

View Full Version : Rounded corners issue

insafeuste
Jul 20th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Hey guys,
I'm trying to add some rounded corners to my header div, which I achieved successfully using a jquery plugin. The only problem is that the transparent portion of my corners displays my body's default background color rather than the gradient directly behind the div. I was at first assuming this might be an issue with javascript or the plugin itself, but after manually creating rounded images in photoshop for my slideshow (in the same div), the transparent portion of the image displays the same color. Please take a peek.. http://www.colfaxgrange.com/public_html/index.php

Any ideas? I'm wondering if this is a css issue related to the positioning of my layers. If that's not the case, I'm not too sure where else to look. :confused:

rettgoings
Jul 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I am a little confused on what corners your talking about. I see a header with the bottom corners rounded. The header has a black to white gradient throughout. Are you talking about the top corners?

insafeuste
Jul 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM
yep, the header has the bottom corners rounded out (it has an id of "top" in my css). Looking at those corners, you can see that the brown color around them does not match the dark blue to brown gradient in the background. Also if you look closely you can see that the pictures in the slideshow also have rounded corners that have come out the same color and do not match the dark blue to light blue of the div they are resting in.

met
Jul 20th, 2010, 09:42 PM
unfortunately it's an IE issue. (surprise)

it displays as intended in FF.

edit risregard this whilst i read the plugin

insafeuste
Jul 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Ah yes I hadnt thought of throwing it in a different browser. All rounded corners come out as intended in ff... gotta love IE

insafeuste
Jul 23rd, 2010, 11:44 AM
Any ideas on how to get this to work in IE guys?

sgwebdev
Jul 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hi I like you design of the site.
Round corner dont work in ie.

insafeuste
Jul 26th, 2010, 10:33 AM
The corners do in fact work in IE (at least ie8). The problem I'm having is that the repeating background image gradient behind these corners does not display, and the color surrounding the cornered edges is that of my body's background color. Im starting to think I need to give up on my gradients if i want my rounded corners to look normal in ie..