PDA

View Full Version : Resolved CSS Navigation not on top

Deewon
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
I've just finished coding a navigation bar on my website in CSS so the Parent links reveal drop down child links below. It works fine on all pages except for my home where I have an issue with my featured box.

I'm using SmoothGallery 2.0 but my menu options don't show over it when I'm the home page, they get cut off and the last few options end up underneath.

Is this an issue with trying to use CSS over Javascript? Is it possible to have my menu items show over my javascript, if so what do I need to do? Shall I use a different menu method? or is it an issue with the javascript itself?

-Thanks

abduraooft
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Is this an issue with trying to use CSS over Javascript? Is it possible to have my menu items show over my javascript, if so what do I need to do? Shall I use a different menu method? or is it an issue with the javascript itself? Sorry, we can't guess the issue at your end. Could you please post a link to your page?

Deewon
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
www.deewon.com

Hover over a menu item at the top on the index page, then again at another page to see the difference.

abduraooft
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Apply position:relative;z-index:100; to #main_menu ul li

Deewon
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks, they now show over the top of the java, however the menu items are no longer fully inside their boxes.

EDIT: It looks like its because the parent link isn't long enough, however before this was not an issue.

abduraooft
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Then revert the above and try

#main_menu ul li ul {
display:none;
margin-top:25px;
position:absolute;
z-index:100;
}

Deewon
Jul 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Thats done it :D thanks alot!