PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Help, Tumblr CSS

samuelingram
Jul 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hey.

I don't know if this kind of thing is a common question asked here, and I'm sorry if it is, but I need help with my tumblr blog www.samuelingram.tumblr.com

I'm a freelance graphic designer and photographer, and although my blog is full of rubbish at the moment, I've started to mess with it with the aim to make it a well designed platform to display some of my stuff.

I originally wanted to build a blog from scratch but realised that I'm not exactly qualified to do that, so I took the Time Capsule theme by Peter Vivaldi and started to mess with it. I don't really think I've done much apart from mess the code up and add a few images. None of what I've done is going to stick, I was just messing round.

What I want to do is to add two sidebars, a left and right. However, I've incorporated some code for the left sidebar and what I want appears, but it appears between the header image and the actual body of posts and not to the left of the body of posts like I want it to. Then when I mess with the values to move it around, it takes the body of posts with it. I imagine that there's some code in there that is tying my sidebar to the body of posts and dragging it round, but I could be completely wrong.

If anyone could advise me how to sort this out, that would be great. Or tell me where to go if getting requests from bloggers is a regular annoyance.

Another thing I want is for the date and time links to appear to the left of the posts and not in the actual post body. Kind of like this http://www.tumblr.com/theme/11205. I've found the code for the date and time links, but I wouldn't know how to alter it to appear how I want.

Thanks.

Sam.

abduraooft
Jul 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
What I want to do is to add two sidebars, a left and right. However, I've incorporated some code for the left sidebar and what I want appears, but it appears between the header image and the actual body of posts and not to the left of the body of posts like I want it to. Then when I mess with the values to move it around, it takes the body of posts with it. I imagine that there's some code in there that is tying my sidebar to the body of posts and dragging it round, but I could be completely wrong. I don't get your exact issue, though the tutorial http://bonrouge.com/3c-hf-fixed.php may help you to build a 3 column layout.

MCreative
Jul 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I just checked your Tumblr page and only saw the one single column, therefore I can't see where the problem is, haha.

If you do get the three columns, don't forget the CSS Float property