PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected line break?

iLochie
Apr 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, I'm having some troubles figuring out why this line is breaking in my navigation. Here's the affected lines:

The messages list item sets the "search-bar" onto the next line. I'm sure it has something to do with needing to change the display of the objects. Also, the form tag is set to display:none.

<li><a href="messages.php">Messages<span class="message-num">1</span></a></li>
<li><a href="#" onclick="document.getElementById('search-bar-value').value = document.getElementById('search-bar').value; document.getElementById('search-bar-form').submit();">Search</a> <input type="text" id="search-bar" value="Search for user" />
<form action="search.php?search" method="post" id="search-bar-form"><input type="text" id="search-bar-value" name="search" /></form></li>

div#navigation .message-num {
background:#363E52;
border-radius:10px;
font-size:10px;
margin-left:2px;
padding:1px 3px;
text-shadow:none;
}

Any help much appreciated!

VIPStephan
Apr 25th, 2010, 11:17 PM
The code you posted does not in the slightest show the cause of the problem. Often issues are becoming apparent in a totally different place than where they are actually caused so please always show your entire code, best as a link to the file.

Excavator
Apr 25th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Hello iLochie,
It would help to see more than a partial quote of your ul. If it is float drop, not a line break, then we would need to see the ul, the containing div and any parent div above that even...along with the CSS for all that.

A link would be easiest.

Excavator
Apr 25th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, what VIP said.