PDA

View Full Version : Form Field Conditional - Mandatory

igotregistered
Apr 6th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hello,

I would like to ask for assistance with a field I've created. I have the same forum script CF is using. In the ACP of the forum script I created an "Extra Profile Field", ACP>User Profile Fields

It's called "Favorite Team" and it's a mandatory field perspective members must fill out on registration. I added a brief instruction above the field on registration, "Please select your favorite team from this list". The word "list" is a hyperlink to a separate page which has several lists of team options to choose from.

The instruction on the separate page is to highlite and copy the team of their choice, then click the browser "BACK" button to fill in the field. Then continue with registration.

I'm finding these new members aren't following the instructions. They're filling in whatever they want.

What I'd like help with, is to find out if I can add a conditional statement to that field which forces the person to use the list on the other page.

Is this possible?

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Stooshie
Apr 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
If I understand you correctly, you are asking the user to go to another page, copy a team name, and then go back and paste the team name in to the form?

It is no wonder that the users don't do that.

The best way to do this is to have a dropdown box with the team names as options.

<form>
<select>
<option id="1">Team A</option>
<option id="2">Team B</option>
</select>
</form>