PDA

View Full Version : website not appearing correctly in IE6

sweetchops
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hi,

I'm not really a coder.. just a pretend one trying to fumble my way through building a website for my small business.

I'm using a wordpress ecommerce template and a plugin for the shopping cart. For the most part it's working but I am SO close to finishing and just can't fix a couple of bugs which seem to be affecting the appearance of the site in IE6.

I've posted on the forums relating to these providers but am not having much luck.

My website is www.sweetchops.com.au/dev2

My two main issues are:

1. When you click through to the checkout page it can't find the page or times out. Works fine in IE8.

2. Front page design - I want the four category images under the main image to be centered. As soon as I move them over it ruins the background of the site in IE6. There is also a random scroll bar in IE6 that doesn't appear in IE8 and that I can't get rid of.

I do have a third image relating to the small images on the front page. No matter what size I upload them as, they almost end up blurry. Don't think it's an IE6 thing but worth throwing out there.

There are quite a few other things I need help with but these are the main things that are stopping me from launching my site. I have a new Easter range so time is ticking to get it live!

Can anyone help? Please :)

BubikolRamios
Mar 18th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Ahh you are probaly lucky, coz I had the same issue the other day.

The site hanged on IE6(the progres bar at bottom of browser hanged), on all the rest of browsers was working OK.

The reason was "bad" ajax handling. So, check that out.

PS.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsweetchops.com.au%2Fdev2%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&accept=text%2Fhtml%2Capplication%2Fxhtml%2Bxml%2Capplication%2Fxml%3Bq%3D0.9%2C*%2F*%3Bq%3D0.8&accept-language=sl%2Cen-gb%3Bq%3D0.7%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.3&accept-charset=windows-1250%2Cutf-8%3Bq%3D0.7%2C*%3Bq%3D0.7&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.767

When the coders here see that, then they loose iterest to help you.

Instead of ERRORS it must say PASSED