PDA

View Full Version : RESOLVED Page Is Taking A Little Too Long to Load

jihanemo
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:24 AM
http://retrocitysunglasses.com/retrosunglassesnew.html

This page takes about 10 seconds (a little too long) to load fully in Opera, Chrome, FF, and IE.

Any reasons why?

VIPStephan
Mar 16th, 2010, 02:47 AM
The images at the top are way too big for their size (in terms of file size per dimensions). Such small images could have a quality of about 80% and would still look acceptable while being a fraction of the file size. Also I’d suggest you save the images to load progressively.

Azzaboi
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Checking...

laadeedaa dee daa da, give it a few seconds as it scans....

HTML: 37796 bytes = 7.73 secs on a 56K modem
HTML Images: 870546 bytes = 189.10 secs on a 56K modem
CSS Images: None
Javascript: 465 bytes = 0.69 secs on a 56K modem
CSS: 10434 bytes = 2.28 secs on a 56K modem
Multimedia: None
Other: None

Total HTML: 1
Total HTML Images: 78
Total CSS Images: 0
Total Images: 78
Total Scripts: 3
Total CSS imports: 1
Total Frames: 0
Total Iframes: 0

Total Connection Rate:
14.4K = 729.06 seconds
28.8K = 372.83 seconds
33.6K = 321.94 seconds
56K = 199.80 seconds
ISDN 128K = 72.71 seconds
T1 1.44Mbps = 21.47 seconds

Missing width and height attributes on the header_promos and some of the other images will cause a little slowdown. Larger size images will just take more wasted space and smaller image will become distorted. Make sure images are correctly size, even if they are the correct size add width and height tags to the css/html so it doesn't have to check.

Images being pulled from thrid party will cause slowdown: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/

Congratulations. This site is using HTTP compression

The total number of objects on this page is 83 which by their number will dominate web page delay.

The total number of images on this page is 78 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Recommend combining, replacing, and optimizing your graphics.

Your main focus is image compression, programs like PhotoShop, etc have this option under the save as. You could also use programs like PNGOutCompression, etc. You can normally reduces each size by at least a third without losing any quality and sometimes using a different file format helps depending on the image (to png, gif, jpg, etc).

The total size of your external CSS is 10434 bytes. Consider optimizing your CSS and eliminating features to reduce this to a more reasonable size if possible.

MrEnder
Mar 16th, 2010, 05:34 AM
wow that is one big CSS file 0.0

the biggest one I have and I just checked is 5KB 0.0 and that one is for one massive job with a big CSS hack

Oh and if you want I would help show you how to make pictures smaller with Photoshop.

Oh and is 255ms an ok loading speed?

jihanemo
Mar 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Okay. Thanks for the feedback guys. That's a lot to take in. Thanks!

jihanemo
Apr 1st, 2010, 04:44 AM
Okay - I made a few changes to my web pages - mostly removing images and the non-working javascript that was there. Can you guys test speed time again?

http://www.retrocitysunglasses.com/retrosunglasseswayfarer.html