PDA

View Full Version : Code To Stop Spam Site From Showing My Site???

prjadvertising
Mar 11th, 2010, 07:28 PM
hello all. there's a site that is spamming the search engines by acting as a "listing service". their site has a large frame in the middle that displays the homepage of my site & puts my description & page title as it's page title. it shows right behind me on Yahoo, not on Google (Yay Google).

my question is there code i can put in my pages to disallow my site from displaying on their site (i looked at their code & it is a live link that loads in the frame). there is the "if IE than blah, blah, blah" can i write if "spammer site then display blank page"?

the spammer site is selling Google Ads alongside copyrighted work from my site. they are in India & will not respond to my request for removal. i've contacted Google Ads, Yahoo & the Advertisers, asking them to cease running ads (although I know G.A. assigns relatively random ads. the Advertisers are with me in trying to remove their ads & have contacted Google but nothing has happened yet.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help!
pj

Azzaboi
Mar 11th, 2010, 07:34 PM
If your using an apache webserver you could block IP from accessing website by using .htaccess

just create a file with name .htaccess at your root directory with the content below:-

order allow,deny
deny from 255.255.255.255
allow from all

Replace '255.255.255.255' with the IP Address of that website or whatever is trying to access it that you want blocked. Use whois on the website to find it's IP address if you don't know it or just use the website address itself.

order allow,deny
deny from evilspamhotlinker.com
allow from all

prjadvertising
Mar 11th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks my kiwi friend, but for some reason that code didn't work for me, could be my fault. I found a site that generates it & it worked properly, allows only you, blocks all others. code below, with "site name" in the 5th line.

## DISABLE HOTLINKING
RewriteEngine on
# Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?SITENAMEHERE.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(html|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)$ - [F]

cheers,
pj

prjadvertising
Mar 11th, 2010, 08:19 PM
link to site that generates code,

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/userban/