PDA

View Full Version : few simple questions.

fwood
Mar 11th, 2010, 04:12 AM
hey there every one. im extremly new at this. however i just picked up the book.

my questions are. (im working with a downloaded template xhtml/css) i have the navagation buttons across the top home about contact ect. do each of those buttons have to have a new .html file attached for example would i create a about.htm and point a a href = about.htm ?

how does that work exactly i know with old html you would have a new file for each page. i would assume that would stay the same.

and also the template i downloaded has a small shout out or comment box along the side. how do i make that functional? all i have are the input codes on my index.htm and the styles does have the #comment reference but it is just for the font and alignment ect.

im sure these are extreme newb questions. but im just self teaching.

Excavator
Mar 11th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Hello fwood,

hey there every one. im extremly new at this. however i just picked up the book.

my questions are. (im working with a downloaded template xhtml/css) i have the navagation buttons across the top home about contact ect. do each of those buttons have to have a new .html file attached for example would i create a about.htm and point a a href = about.htm ?

Yes, that's pretty close to what you need to do. You might have some path issues but each button should link to a different .html.

For some very basic help, check out the links in my sig below. They can all help you.
For more specific help, give us a link to your test site when describing your problem.
If you don't have a link, post your code in the forum. Please use the code tags,
- available with the # button in the post edit window.
This will wrap your code in a scroll box which greatly helps the readability of your post.

fwood
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:41 AM
thank you. im sitting here with the book now. how ever Ill be posting my test site by the end of the week. i will just have to run with out the comments until i figure out where to go from there.

again thank you for the help!