PDA

View Full Version : Questions about updating side bars automatically, etc...

swift77
Mar 10th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Hello, so I am the web master for a St. Louis based video game company (not sure if I can post the link?) and I have a few questions. I am not a professional and did not go to school for this. This is my first website and I am using HTML and CSS with a few scripts i've pulled like a google search, etc.

1. I have a side bar that I update with recent reviews, etc. Whenever I have to update this side bar with a NEW review or something like that I have to update it on every single side bar in ever single page that I have.

question - Is there a faster way to do this? I am thinking that their has to be some kind of a script maybe or something I can configure and simply update one thing that will then update all pages. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(same thing goes for my menu, have to change it on everything when a change is made).

VIPStephan
Mar 10th, 2010, 11:38 PM
This is a fequently requested feature and is just as frequently answered. What you need are server side includes (there, you have a keyword to search for). Here’s a way to do this with PHP: http://php.about.com/od/tutorials/ht/template_site.htm?rd=1