PDA

View Full Version : Help Getting Started?

sgrrsh26
Feb 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Pretty cool site here,
im trying to get STARTED, from scratch.

I have a very creative mind, but i cant draw, paint, play music. I need some way of expressing myself and i thought web design would be a great place for it.

Lets just say i know NOTHING!

Where should i start? HTML i would assume..
does anyone have any good tutorial websites?

also im reading one tutorial and the code i have come up with is as follows:

<html>

<head>
<title> For my ONE true love</title>
</head>

<body>
<p> Natalia you are the key to my garden of eden</p>
</body>

</html>

Sadly it doesnt work lol, whats wrong with it?

tomws
Feb 24th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Sadly it doesnt work

If you need assistance, you should post any error messages or unexpected output. Be descriptive when reporting your problem.

A good place to start learning is the w3schools site (http://www.w3schools.com/).

mbaker
Feb 24th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Where should i start? HTML i would assume..
does anyone have any good tutorial websites?

also im reading one tutorial and the code i have come up with is ...

Sadly it doesnt work lol, whats wrong with it?

Yes, without a good grasp of the basics of HTML nothing else will make much sense.

I have started writing a set of introductory tutorials - the first one is at http://www.html-tags-guide.com/html-tutorials.html - if you do follow these tutorials I'd be interested in feedback on how they could be improved.

There is nothing wrong with your code that would cause it to "not work". Without further information all I can do is make a guess as to what is wrong and ask a couple of questions.

Have you saved your code with a .html file extension? If you are using Windows, do you have "hide know file type extensions" turned on? If you do, i t would probably help to turn it off.

Excavator
Feb 24th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hello sgrrsh26,
That would make the words Natalia you are the key to my garden of eden appear in your browser.
When you say it's not working... what is it doing? What did you intend for it to do?