PDA

View Full Version : how do i adjust the way master page loads?

bill.onthebeach
Feb 11th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I have a simple static webpage with a couple of large images. As you already know, when the page loads, it loads one file at a time. Is there a simple way to delay the display until everything is ready and then show full page all at one time? Total load time is not an issue, it's the one piece at a time thing that I would like to eliminate? Thanks in advance for your prompt response. bill.onthebeach

jenius
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Sometimes finding the answers to your problems is just knowing what terms to search for on google.

In this case, the answer to your question is "jquery preloader"

bill.onthebeach
Feb 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM
thanks!

perhaps knowledge is 70% vocabulary, 20% experience, 10% common sense.

where can I get the code for the "jquery preloader"?

bill.onthebeach

Excavator
Feb 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Hello bill.onthebeach,
I tried jenius' suggestion. Google comes up with lots of examples and places to download it - http://www.google.com/search?q=jquery+preloader&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=

bill.onthebeach
Feb 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
jey. I tired the same thing. wow, there's alot more to jquery query than I need for this app. I downloaded one but it did not pickup the background image which is the main problem. Maybe I'm being excessive, but the page loads completely in about 4-8 secs on my computer. the text comes fast and first, a noticeable and distracting delay follows and then the background image loads (400kb). I just want to get rid of the delay. If the picture would load first, the delay for text would not be a problem as it is not distracting. any more thoughts on this?

I can see how jquery would work on a couple of future projects, but it appears to be more than needed this time.

I have one other general question. I have a pretty good understanding of html and css, but haven't done anything with webpages in a couple of years. There is all the other stuff, asp, ajax, coldfusion, add jquery to the endless list. Where can I find a one page summary of "who does what?
or "when do to this with that?"