PDA

View Full Version : Review My Site

tamykomorris
Feb 6th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hi All..

I Just completed the redesign on my web site Singapore web design (http://www.demellows.com) Please review my site and please let me know your thoughts.

Waiting for your feedback.

Josephbm91
Feb 6th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Hiya.

First, it takes way too long to load. Maybe compress the image and flash kb sizes if possible.

Also, that text animation is very annoying, very obnoxious, and almost gives me a headache.

The "flash application" part of the slideshow takes way too long for text to come up. If I'm going to stare at butterflies all day I'd rather look at real ones.

I wish the nav buttons would follow some sort of color scheme.

I think your small clients slideshow should be a link.

"smoothly blended dynamic cocktail"? >_>....

"Allow us to handle the quintessential aspects of Your Online Solutions"
That just sounds so arrogant, like you're above the client. Even if you personally believe you're better than everyone else, no one besides you wants to hear that.

Not of the fan of the links in the middle column near the footer being scattered out. I think you went for artsy but it's just disorganized.

What the heck does "succinct" mean?

When you say "Effective Solutions with the Best Value for Money" is a reason why someone should choose you, you're basically answering the question "What makes you guys good?" with "We're good". That statement doesn't add any value. I know you wanted to reach 15, but come on.

"Probably the first and only...."
Okay, either you are or you aren't. That makes you look pretty weak.

Overall I think your design is pretty good, but your text is just littered with arrogance...but if you're trying to attract arrogant people, I guess you did a great job.

jenius
Feb 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Ok, so I'll start this by saying I think this looks very nice overall. You did a good job with the colors, layout, and flash banner.

I'd have to agree with most of the above comments as well. The biggest priority is definitely page load time - I have a really quick connection, and it still took me quite a while. I'd also add a preloader to the flash banner.

Speaking of the flash banner, definitely different text transition, that one is a disaster.

In addition, it is very disorienting how your navigation changes every page, not only the links, but the location. Is there any way you could simplify the navigation and/or make it more consistent?

Other than that, great job!

quartzy
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I found the navigation change was a little disorientating too, and also as above with the page loading, maybe the pictures are too big if they are well optimised. Also the picture of the sea does not really match your content.

votter
Feb 13th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I liked most of it. Just the load time and text in the flash banner should be dealt with. Other than that, love it.