PDA

View Full Version : IE6 image problem

Dshah
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi i am working on one file and i need to be asked to also make it compatible with IE6, now what is happening i am using a back image on div, it is displaying correctly in IE7-8 FF3.x but in IE6 it left empty space on the left and go across the page to right and i see a scrollbar to move the page to right, here is the code i am using ,

div.top {
background: #ffffff;
width: 100%;
height: 120px;
position:absolute;
padding: 0px;
display:block;
margin: 0px;
background: url(images/background.png) repeat-x;
clear: both;

}
i have another css file for IE6 with if condition statement in header. i tried clear : left or right or both but does not help. please any help much appreciated.

Thanks

abduraooft
Feb 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM
please any help much appreciated. There's no way to grasp the issue from a bit of CSS, posted above. Can we have a link to your page?

Dshah
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM
thank you sir i found the solution, i don't know what is this, actually what i did is i surrounded the top div in another div like this

<div>
<div class="top"></div>
</div>

and wow it display correctly in IE6. Thanks though for your reply, i still dont understand why this happen, this is the link which solved my issue.
http://www.corephp.com/blog/perfect-absolute-positioning-in-ie6/

Thanks

abduraooft
Feb 4th, 2010, 03:23 PM
, this is the link which solved my issue. I still don't understand the issue and I haven't encountered such one. Could you pleas post your full HTML and CSS to have a test at our end?