PDA

View Full Version : Where to host a proxy

linehand
Feb 3rd, 2010, 04:33 AM
I need to find a host that will allow me to set up a proxy. There are several free PHP proxy scripts floating around but I am having trouble finding a host that will allow them.

I have only tried free hosts, because I don't want to open a paid account, and then have to cancel it if it doesn't work. Anyone know of a good free host that not too restricted? The proxy is will be private, only 4 people will have access to it, so it won't be a massive resource hog..

Ideally I need 2, one hosted in the US, and one in the UK. I wouldn't mind paying for hosting but I would rather be able to try it out before agreeing to payment/providing billing info.

Maybe this should go in the PHP section, though it is really concerning hosting. I'm sure a lot of you deliver your HTML with PHP too so..

JJackson
Feb 3rd, 2010, 04:48 AM
I need to find a host that will allow me to set up a proxy. There are several free PHP proxy scripts floating around but I am having trouble finding a host that will allow them.

I have only tried free hosts, because I don't want to open a paid account, and then have to cancel it if it doesn't work. Anyone know of a good free host that not too restricted? The proxy is will be private, only 4 people will have access to it, so it won't be a massive resource hog..

Ideally I need 2, one hosted in the US, and one in the UK. I wouldn't mind paying for hosting but I would rather be able to try it out before agreeing to payment/providing billing info.

Maybe this should go in the PHP section, though it is really concerning hosting. I'm sure a lot of you deliver your HTML with PHP too so..

Check out WebHostingTalk.com -- look over the offers section and you should find some proxy-specific providers. Just be sure to read the terms of service with any company you choose to sign up with and you will be fine.

Good luck! :thumbsup: