PDA

View Full Version : Need someone Creative

Ndogg
Jan 24th, 2010, 08:48 AM
DONE

My site to get an example of what i mean: http://trivia.host56.com/The_Office/index.php

Doctor_Varney
Jan 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Well, for a start - you need to sort out the layout. The footer looks as though it is not cleared of the floats and is sitting above some of the contents.

As far as improvements to the lists - a smaller base font...? Start with around 80% maybe, to allow for text-size increases. Then you can start prettying it up. BTW, I don't like those bulging mouseover icons... Reminds me of Apple Macintosh!

mbaker
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM
If you have too much content there are several things that come to my mind that you could do.

Split the trivia into sections, then:

put each section on a separate page, or
hide each section, and have it revealed when the visitor clicks a link, or
have each section appear in a light or darkbox when the visitor clicks a link, or
display a random selection of content each time the page is visited, or
rotate which section is displayed each time the page is visited, or
rotate which section is displayed daily, or
rotate which section id displayed weekly.

I'm sure there are some of these that you could mix and match, and I'm sure there are other options as well.

Ndogg
Jan 24th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Split the trivia into sections, then:

put each section on a separate page, or
hide each section, and have it revealed when the visitor clicks a link, or
have each section appear in a light or darkbox when the visitor clicks a link, or
display a random selection of content each time the page is visited, or
rotate which section is displayed each time the page is visited, or
rotate which section is displayed daily, or
rotate which section id displayed weekly.

I'm sure there are some of these that you could mix and match, and I'm sure there are other options as well.

The trivia already is going to be split into 3 categories but I was also thinking what you said. Im going to make a light grey background for every 5 questions and a hide button so you can hide the questions you have comepleted.