PDA

View Full Version : greyout specific dates in popup calendar

gadaschowdary
12-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Hello there,

plz help
working with php. am new to coding.
I am working to get a reservation system for golf tee times.

I have 2 different pages. one is where i will set the generic settings for golf course. the other is a reservations page which provides an option to add new reservation page.
Now in the settings page i can set no of days to 1 thru 5. it will be inserted into config table in database.
Based on this, on reservation page, i need to show only 1 or 2 or 5 days on the popup calendar starting from today which allows to select one while making new reservation.

or

based on the setting if i can prepopulate those dates in a drop down list on the addreservation.php

jmrker
12-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Hello there,

plz help
working with php. am new to coding.
I am working to get a reservation system for golf tee times.

I have 2 different pages. one is where i will set the generic settings for golf course. the other is a reservations page which provides an option to add new reservation page.
Now in the settings page i can set no of days to 1 thru 5. it will be inserted into config table in database.
Based on this, on reservation page, i need to show only 1 or 2 or 5 days on the popup calendar starting from today which allows to select one while making new reservation.

or

based on the setting if i can prepopulate those dates in a drop down list on the addreservation.php

Where does the 'greyout specific dates' (from the thread title) become a factor in the problem?
Which page will contain the calendar pop-up?
Also, does it need to be a full calendar or just the next 5+/- days?

gadaschowdary
12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
what i am looking at is a popup of full calendar will come up but only with the availability of next 5+ days starting from today. So rest of the days shud be greyed out.

reservationadd.php will contain the calendar.
settings are done on config.php

gadaschowdary
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM
can some one help me out regarding this ...plz..

jmrker
01-05-2010, 04:32 PM
How do you plan on handling the weeks that overlap months? Two calendars to display?
What is to be returned? Two dates - start and end or can only one date be selected?
What is the returned format you expect? mmddyy, mmddyyyy, yyyymmdd or something else like Jan 5, 2010?

So many questions, so little time to code...

gadaschowdary
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
the popup that i am having returns mm/dd/yyyy format.
I want it to return that format only.

At a time only one date can be selected..