PDA

View Full Version : IE error, code works in all other browsers

truetech
Nov 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, I'm having problems tracking down the code that causes IE to throw an error where all other browsers work just fine. I have attached the menu.js file, two style sheets (one for IE, the other for all browsers, css code for menu is at the end), and a body.html file that calls the menu. Of course these are uploaded as text files, but please feel free to rename and run the body file!

The IE error states that it's looking for an object after the script tag on line 18 of the body file that creates menu settings. What is wrong with this line, and how can I fix it?

Many thanks for any help that can be provided!

Old Pedant
Nov 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Please don't make us reconstruct your web site/web page.

Please post a live page we can look at, if at all possible.

Oh, ugh. After looking at that "menu.txt" file, I don't think I'd want to tackle this, anyway.

Why do people delight in writing purposely obscure and hard to read code??? In any case, there appears to be plenty of browser-dependent code in there, so it's probably not surprising that one browser would react differently.

I don't suppose you can ask whomever created that stuff how to fix it?

truetech
Nov 29th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Sorry about the four files, I've never requested help for coding problems before, and thought that would be the easiest way, as my live implementation is not always available.

I wasn't sure if it was just my lack of experience with Javascript that made it look like it was a ridiculous piece of coding work, so thanks for confirming. I don't think I'll get much support from Open Cube, as it was just their free menu creator that I used. And if a veteran like yourself is daunted by this task, I think it may be better if I look elsewhere for a menu system. Would you have any ideas of where I could look for an inexpensive / free menu?

Thanks for your input!