View Full Version : How to create this effect in photoshop??

11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi everyone!

I have noticed the trend of placing an inner white border around a rounded edge and I love the way it looks but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it. Check out the image below to see what I mean, it's a pick I took off of the islayer sight :


Does anyone know how to achieve this effect?

Update : Okay this is not the perfect example, usually it's just the top portion of the outline that is white then it fades into the background colour, still cool though.

Thanks a lot!!!

11-05-2009, 09:39 AM
do you use photoshop?

just right click on the rounded layer -> blending options -> inner glow -> change style to normal and adjust settings till you're satisfied

hope that helps :thumbsup:

11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
that image is broken?