PDA

View Full Version : PHP page not displaying properly in IE6

dantheman
Oct 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Hi all,

I have a php page for my website that does not display properly in IE6 and IE5.5. I tested it on IE7/IE8, FF etc...and it looks fine.

This is a php shopping cart software that I have integrated into my site. My site is wwwDOTdefenseproshopDOTcom. If you just simply select a product from the left, add to cart, then click checkout twice to get to the customer information page. THis is the page that does not display right. The center drops to the bottom in IE6. I have tried tweaking the margins etc but to no avail...if anyone has some ideas I would greatly appreciate it..thanks for your time....dan

Fou-Lu
Oct 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
This is not a PHP issue, its an HTML/CSS issue.
Moving from PHP to HTML/CSS Forum.

seco
Oct 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
nothing displays properly in ie6

dantheman
Oct 4th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you, that was very helpful, wow! I can really do something with that answer...thanks again!!!

dantheman
Oct 5th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Well, alrighty then, well thanks everyone for some great help and support, it was really helpful :) glad I joined this forum..:)

Guess either this whole place has gone for the weekend or simply no one has any suggestions nor help on this. Thanks and sorry to bother anyone here.

Scriptet
Oct 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
PHP is server-side code, therefore it get's processed on your server and not by the client, so it's output will be the same in all browsers.

dantheman
Oct 6th, 2009, 03:43 AM
But it only displays different on that one page and only on IE6.

SB65
Oct 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM
nothing displays properly in ie6

Not quite true, it's certainly more challenging than most browsers. Doesn't mean there aren't solutions though..

PHP is server-side code, therefore it get's processed on your server and not by the client, so it's output will be the same in all browsers.

Yes, but the output can still be rendered differently just like any other code.

Your mainContent div is dropping in IE6. This is not an infrequent issue with IE6 as it sometimes adds additional horizontal spacing making the element too wide to fit in the space allowed. Your design is quite closely packed - in that there's no space between the sidebars and mainContent - and it doesn't need to be quite so close I think.

Have a go with changing the css for mainContent to:

.thrColFixHdr #mainContent {
background-color:#FFFFFF;
margin:0 197px 0 187px;
padding:0 0;
}

This should give your centre column sufficient space to cope with IE6 anomalies.