PDA

View Full Version : CSS/HTML coding vs. Dreamweaver

code beginner
Sep 30th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Hello,

I bought Dreamweaver. But I feel the time I'm spending learning the program could be better spent simply learning to code CSS and HTML.

Does anybody have any perspective on this?

drhowarddrfine
Sep 30th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I agree with you.

_Aerospace_Eng_
Sep 30th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Dreamweaver is just a tool. It will help you if you use the code view, not the design view. It does have some shortcuts that allow you to add/modify css on the fly.

jamila
Sep 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
I didn't know anything and started with Dreamweaver. Did few websites/pages. Then if something broke, I didn't know how to fix it (esp. when I used spry menus which use javascript and i really didn't know where and how to rectify the problem). So I enrolled in online courses - just finished HTML/CSS course. Now it feels "gross" to even open Dreamweaver.

hotstarpromo
Oct 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
In school we learn to code first then we were introduced to Dreamweaver. But it is always to know how to code when using Dreamweaver because sometimes Dreamweaver will do things out of the ordinary and If you don't code then you cant fix it.

Using dreamweaver without understanding code is like driving your car around without a jack.... If you ever get a flat you will be stuck all because you dont have the tool needed to make a simple repair.