PDA

View Full Version : Firefox won't recognize form fields when form submitted from inside email

loamguy1
Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
I have a survey form that gets sent to users inside their email message. They can elect to click a link directing them to our site which presents the form to them, OR they can simply fill out the survey form that's inside the email sent to them.

All works well except if the form inside the email gets submitted to Firefox as the default browser, then FF doesn't recognize any form fields, hidden or otherwise.

My form parameters look like this:

<form name="surveyform" id="surveyform" method="post" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" action="#BaseURL#surveys/survey_quick.cfm">

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Missing parameter on the form statement?

udjamaflip
Sep 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Don't you need to use multipart as enctype? :)

I could be wrong, but I thought it was standard, failing that - have you tried using GET instead of POST?

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

loamguy1
Sep 22nd, 2009, 06:40 PM
Don't you need to use multipart as enctype? :)

I could be wrong, but I thought it was standard, failing that - have you tried using GET instead of POST?

Ok, the good news is that using GET worked on the form.

The bad news is that all the form variables and values are visible in the URL on the submitted page.

Is there a way to encode the URL variables so the user can't spoof them?

udjamaflip
Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
In all honesty, unless your going to goto real lengths in encoding values etc there really isn't much point. Even with POST its fairly easy to edit the values being sent.

I'd advise just using good old fashioned validation?

loamguy1
Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Ok, thanks for the help!