View Full Version : problem on internet explorer

07-23-2009, 02:26 AM
I created a program that calculated mpg for several tanks of gas, and the gave an average for all the tanks as part of a homework assignment. The program ran fine on IE and FF locally, but once I uploaded it to a server it no longer ran in IE - just FF. Has anyone encountered this type of error? I can post the code if needed, but I can't imagine that the error lies there because it works on my computer. I did try to upload it somewhere else to see if it was just the server I uploaded it to, but I had the same problem. I also checked to see if the server amended my code, but the source is exactly the same as my code on my computer.

07-23-2009, 03:18 AM
If the code is pure javascript, I think the problem is on the code, not on the server.

Please post your code or link to the page with this system.

07-23-2009, 05:50 AM
it's located at http://www.emaginationcampers.com/IL/laurene/hw10.html

07-24-2009, 02:46 AM
i can't imagine why the error would only appear when uploaded rather than on the machine if the error lies within the script.

07-24-2009, 03:06 AM
I ran this page on IE 7 (win xp) and FF 3 (linux) with no problems...