PDA

View Full Version : Whole page slightly off centre

Spiritualized
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Hi again, got another problem

Im making a few pages and I've done them exactly the same, in face they are duplicates just with different content (I know I should be using CMS for this but I don't know it and im passing it over to a professional web team who are gonna redo it)

Anyway, if you click on here

http://www.numyspace.co.uk/~unn_t016254/index.html

the page is fine, but if you click on "charter" at the side, the page moves slightly to the right. well it does for me anyway. This has happened to me before but I've never been able to fix it, I've got no idea whats wrong as the code is almost identical.

hmmm.

hope you can help, cheers

Spiritualized
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:32 PM
just tested this in IE8 and it doesn't do it - only in firefox.

still, don't know whats going on.

tomws
Jul 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I don't see it here in Firefox 3. Could it be that you have a high screen resolution and you're seeing the scrollbar on the side disappear?

Spiritualized
Jul 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I don't see it here in Firefox 3. Could it be that you have a high screen resolution and you're seeing the scrollbar on the side disappear?

thats exactly whats happening. And I've been going through my code for ages! Thanks :D

Jon W
Jul 6th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Only thing I notice happening is in IE and firefox the scroll bar will appear and that'll make the page move a little bit to the left. But I don't believe there is anything you can do about that.

You could try in your body tag putting:

body {
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
}

_Aerospace_Eng_
Jul 6th, 2009, 03:23 AM
thats exactly whats happening. And I've been going through my code for ages! Thanks :D
You could make the scrollbar appear at all times. If you are interested in doing this just let us know.

Spiritualized
Jul 6th, 2009, 03:30 PM
You could make the scrollbar appear at all times. If you are interested in doing this just let us know.

Thanks, I had thought about that, but I'm not really that bothered. Once all the content goes in there shouldn't be pages as short as they are now. It was just really bugging me. Thanks for the help though.